Tuesday 20 February 2018

Dirndl for Little Miss No 2

Yes, that's an Octopus!

I've been sewing a little because I had a few days off and I wanted to try out a new pattern for the girls.

It's the Dirndl "Vroni" By Mondbresal (here's her page http://mondbresal.blogspot.de/) and I really like the pattern.

It went together well, the measurements are very precise and the instructions are good. I didn't use the recommended button closure but inserted a zipper and did a few other things differently than the instructions said (apart from the zipper those shortcuts cost me a lot of time and I should have just followed instructions, that's what they are for...). I've not made the blouse from her patternpackage yet, but I am planning to.

The fabric is entirely from the stash. The top is a remnant of a red and white spotty cotton, the skirt part is from a lovely green fabric with birdies (which I initially planned to make bedding from but never got around to it...). And the blue apron used to be a curtain...

Just in case you don't know what a Dirndl is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirndl


we do pugshots here, too. (sorry, couldn't resist this bad joke)

No comments:

Post a Comment