Friday 14 December 2018

How I messed up the Ishihara Birthday cake...



So this year I even managed to make a cake for the best husband of all. And because he has a red-green-colourblindness and I am just a little bit mean, I wanted to make an Ishihara cake for him. Like this - with smarties...



Only I ran out of orange and green so I made it all colourful and even people with normal colourvision can't see the number. Brilliant, eh? :)

Here's the recipe though, the cake was delicious:
Original Recipe in German on Chefkoch.de: https://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/1030221208238044/Schwarzer-Kirschkuchen.html

English translation

Black Cherry Cake
Recipe for 26-28cm round baking tray

Zutaten

250 ggranulated or caster sugar
125 gflour
125 gground hazelnuts
150 gchocolate chips
2 TLbaking powder
1 TLcinnamon
eggs
ca 500gdark cherries from glass
125 gbutter

Butterfor the tray if needed

Preheat the oven to 180°C
Mix soft butter and sugar und whisk "fluffy". Add the eggs and whisk in.
Add the rest of the ingredients, bake for about 1 hrs. If necessary, cover the cake with some tin foil.


No comments:

Post a Comment