Thursday 2 January 2020

2020 sewing plans



Oh hello 2020, you already here?

So, what became of the 2019 sewing projects?

I have to admit, I didn't do much sewing in 2019. Because of work and family time I didn't have much time left for sewing so I reduced it to what needed to be done. And I also didn't need that much really. And it was good the way it was.

- I made some jeans/trousers (Ginger Jeans Pattern and pattern taken from old linen trousers), also for summer, which was good and useful.
- I made the Mahina Cardigan as part of the Scroop Pattern Pattern test. Which was great.
- I made some Jade Skirts from Paprika Patterns, which was a great quick and easy project.
- And I made another Otari hoodie (Scroop Patterns).
- And my biggest project was a tango dress (which I still need to write about, otherwise nobody will believe it actually exists...)
- Oh, and I managed to make comfy pants for myself, too. I also use them for yoga.

I managed to make some clothes for the kids (comfy suit and comfy pants).

The Satsuki Dress and the Vogue Dress 8728 are STILL waiting to be made.

Initially I had wanted to make a winter coat and t-shirts as well as Jeans shorts and a cardigan, but I happened to be able to buy all of those so I didn't have to make them, which was good because I didn't really have that much time for sewing this year.  I also didn't manage to make a pullover for my natural minimalist. Also the idea of a dress for dancing is still only an idea, because making the actual mock-up is going to be so time consuming, that there is no way at the moment, that I can make it.

My historical sewing ("Project 1908") is still on hold because of lack of time and patience (a lot of research work still needs to be done before I can even start with the foundations...)


My modest Sewing Plans 2020

- Really really using up stash material.

- Pumpkin dress (Heidi and Finn) for the girls

- Satsuki Tunic (Victory patterns)

- Vogue 8728 dress

- 2 ginger jeans (fabric already cut!) (Closet Case Patterns)

- pillow cover from old t-shirt

- maybe yoga trousers (if necessary) (Milchmonster Mama Frida or Lolle Longlegs by Katjuschka)

- Bethioua shirt (Ellepuls)

- another tango dress (already cut!)

- Bronte shirt short sleeved (Jennifer Lauren)


Oh, and I've got sooo many dreams about sewing... but well get to that when these 10 plans have been put into action.

No comments:

Post a Comment