Monday 2 September 2019

Seasonal table September 2019



September has begun, this time the meteorological beginning of autumn is also on the 1st of September and I managed to put up the table in time AND get it online in the beginning of September, too. :) Yes, I know, there are no flowers in that little vase, but I am waiting for the children to find some.

The nights are certainly becoming  a little chillier, even if daytime temperature can still be up to 32°C. I am looking forward to "Zwetschgenkuchen", which is one of my favourite (it's a special kind of plum, but basically it is plum cake with crumble...). In fact there is one in the oven as I am writing this. :)




The Else Beskow card for this month reminds me of our little apple tree, which is already (despite being quite a young tree) growing a few apples. We've been cutting the hedge and everywhere you find little hints at autumn coming. But for the moment, we are enjoying a warm and pleasant late summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment