Friday, 6 March 2015

Another patchwork baby blanket

Out of obvious reasons I have not been tailoring much for myself recently (don't even imagine fitting a Robe a l'Anglaise over an uberdimensional bump...), but I've been busy making things for Miss L. and the expected baby. For example a baby blanket with her name and a tiny little Suit (minikrea - Heldragt).
I haven't got a picture of the suit here at the moment, just imagine it in red fleece with white dots. :) Simple. Ladybirdlike.  As usual, Minikrea pattern - very easy, no problem, nice outcome. slightly on the large side.

The patchwork is not "real", it's just patches fused on vlieseline and then sewn together, nearly idiot-proof (I made the blanket for our older daughter and managed to get it wrong... ah well... practise makes perfect... they say...) (I used ottobre design instructions to do that, as far as patchwork is concerned I also need instruction to cheat.) :)
 And here is the result.

 Have a lovely week!

To compare, this is blanket No 1

No comments:

Post a Comment