Wednesday 11 January 2017

The "One comes, one goes" rule




I stumbled across this lately, "Shwopping". I think it is a brilliant idea.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2012/apr/26/marks-spencer-shwopping-scheme

So I decided, that's my new rule (like an addendum to the Make and Mend Challenge). I am calling it the "One comes, one goes" rule: If I buy/sew/get a new item, one item from my existing wardrobe has to go. Because I want my wardrobe to stay the way it is (or get lighter even...). 

Here's why I think it is a  gread idea:
  • It makes you realize that you actually have a similar piece in your wardrobe
  • It makes you think about whether that new piece is actually so much better than what you have already
  • Which then makes you more aware of what you own. 
  • Your wardrobe doesn't grow and grow and grow
  • It also makes you think twice about accepting clothes gift.

 I think it is interesting that Marks&Spencer doesn't seem to worry about people then not buying anything, but shopping is so popular it probably doesn't even occur to people not to go shopping for leisure.

No comments:

Post a Comment