I stumbled across this lately, "Shwopping". I think it is a brilliant idea.
So I decided, that's my new rule (like an addendum to the Make and Mend Challenge). I am calling it the "One comes, one goes" rule: If I buy/sew/get a new item, one item from my existing wardrobe has to go. Because I want my wardrobe to stay the way it is (or get lighter even...).
Here's why I think it is a gread idea:
- It makes you realize that you actually have a similar piece in your wardrobe
- It makes you think about whether that new piece is actually so much better than what you have already
- Which then makes you more aware of what you own.
- Your wardrobe doesn't grow and grow and grow
- It also makes you think twice about accepting clothes gift.
I think it is interesting that Marks&Spencer doesn't seem to worry about people then not buying anything, but shopping is so popular it probably doesn't even occur to people not to go shopping for leisure.