|The Suitcase Game.|
As I've mentionned a few times before, we have moved to a new home in November 2016. Because we were really busy we didn't find time to put up our wardrobe in the first 2 months really and lived out of a suitcase for that time. (At least it was a suitcase each...) :)
I found it was really really good and a great lesson in seeing how well you can actually live from only a limited amount of clothes. It was super easy after all, the hardest bit being how to choose the clothes.
I invite you to join "The Suitcase Game".
What you need:
- 1 suitcase - the size should be small enough so you are actually able to carry it around on your own. My suitcase had about 90litres. (Vaude Tobago)
- Only a fraction of the content of your usual wardrobe :)
How to do it:
- Imagine you are going on a 2 week trip. You will go to a place that has the same climate that awaits you in your home in the next 8 weeks. You will have washing and drying facilities. And you will also have to do the same stuff you do at home. So you will be away and home at the same time, sort of. :)
- Choose things from your wardrobe that coordinate well and that you really like.
- Close your wardrobe and put the suitcase in front of it (or in any other suitable place)
- Ignore your wardrobe for the next 8 weeks.
- Yes. Really. Be drastic.
(you can include bathroom stuff if you have issues with excessive quantities there and include that).
You can try the list in the blogpost https://hertzwerk-freiburg.blogspot.de/2016/09/how-many-clothes-do-i-really-need.html for inspiration on what to pack. :)
Go for it! :)
If you like the idea, share it!
Why not blog about it? (Feel free to share the above image with it)