Sunday 26 October 2014

The Louisa Dress !

As Halloween is approaching and I had always searched for an excuse to get the Louisa Dress Pattern by Compagnie-M (http://compagnie-m.com/) I finally got it and made this dress for Lucy. :) It is also the first time I made experiences with piping. I DO love the outcome. Maybe I should make a similar dress for myself? ;) Sorry the pictures are slightly overexposed. :)

Add caption









The dress is made from black cotton twill that was hanging around here, doing nothing. ;)
The dress is fully lined with thin curry coloured cotton/PE mix. I've followed the assembly intruction about 70%, but I altered the back (instructions were for a zipper, but i REALLY didn't feel like inserting an invisible zipper...) and set the lining a little different than in the instuctions. Not a big deal really. The pattern went together nicely. Compagnie M has a few really nice instant-download patterns on their homepage, I really like the designs, they are simple and practical and with that special "je ne sais quoi", a twist. The prices are about 7 Euros, but she gives discount if you order several patterns in one go.


Have a lovely halloween!

Hertzwerk.


Picture Update:

The Child with the dress. :) she's a real UFO - unbelievablely fast object!


1 comment:

  1. Echt cool geworden! Ich bin gespannt auf das Gesamtbild ;) Die Schnittfirma will ich auf jeden Fall auch ausprobieren!

    ReplyDelete