Wednesday 19 April 2017

The joys of Gardening



Spring has hit us with full force and nature seems to be exploding all around us.
I have felt something I've never ever felt in my entire life - a strong desire to do gardening. I am probably getting old and something like that, but I find it incredibly peace full to dig and weed, to assess the growth (or non-growth) of our lawn (which doesn't even deserve the name...), to seed, and water and wait for things to grow.

I am not the only one. I've noticed quite a lot of people interested in miminalism also seem to grow things. Maybe it is the joy of creating somethings and seeing the results quickly, but I find it incredibly satisfying.

So, why not try it out yourself - if you don't have a garden, you can still grow some basil or parsley on the window sill. If you have a balcony, why not try a "wild balcony" -> pile up a few twigs with leaves and maybe even a but of scattered soil alltogether in a corner of the balcony in spring and then do not tidy it up. Just leave it there and watch, what with wind brings. Will something start to grow between the leaves? Will you have little visitors like birds? You can also try to grow some tomatoes or herbs or just a few flowers to brighten up the day. Start growing the seeds in egg cartons on the windowsill and then put them outside in a pot.

Maybe in a few weeks you can eat your own home grown tomatoes with your own basil and a bit of mozzarella and oil. With a fresh loaf of baguette. Yum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment