Tuesday 8 January 2019

2019 Sewing Plans




Of course I have plans for 2019!

Mostly "Leftover" wishes and plans from 2018, but also a few new plans. :)

- Another 2 pairs of jeans*** - this would be a priority... I'm running out of jeans... that fit... and I've still got some lovely non-stretch jeans fabric here. I might make another pair of black wide corduroy. (1x non-stretch jeans in broken twill #done,
1xblack corduroy and 1x black velvet corduroy)

- another pair of black linen trousers for summer (linen and viscose fabric ordered)

- comfy pants for the children (X-mas presents!)

Jeans shorts for summer...?! (has become #obsolete, because I actually found 2 pairs in a shop that fit me..., ah well...)

***- I also am keen on making another Jade Skirt  by Paprika Pattern. So wonderfully asymmetrical! Not a priority, but I'd love to make a black one... and I've still got some black satin jersey... (2x#done!!)

***- Maybe (still) a Dirndl for myself, using the same traditional techniques. Although that's not really a priority. Really not. Might still take a few years. :)

***- A woolen winter coat to replace the one that is falling apart... an "everyday winter coat" (that is actually a priority...) (# obsolete, I bought two coats last winter, so this is not a priorty any more...)

***- I could do with a proper swimsuit and/or bikini that fits... I have the Closet Case Bombshell pattern here, and I only have 1 Bikini that fits... (but at least I have one...) (#obsolete , I erm... I actually bought another 2 Bikinis for myself... so not a priority any more...)

- make a pillow cover from an old (favourite) t-shirt (that shrunk (?)...) and fabric from stash (fun "leftovers project...) - I "just" have to do it...

***- I also plan on making a hoodie for the natural minimalist in this household, who could absolutely do with a new pullover (#obsolete, we decided it is MUCH easier to buy a simple one...)

*** - also I would like to make a shirt with a massive cowl collar (check out gaiaconceptions.com's super cowl shirt; I ALSO really like their "love me 2 times sari simplicity" thingy ... would be nice to make that and dye it with natural dyes... some day...) - certainly all optional, not a priority

*** - I am really eyeing up that Wrapped Cardigan by Seamly - that could be an Autumn Project. Or maybe I take the pattern from a cardigan I've got, which I really really like. (Purely optional after making the Mahina Cardigan by Scroop Patterns)

***- I still need to make some black t-shirts... long and short sleeved - mine are slowly gowing thin from washing... or maybe something like the Bethioua Shirt... maybe self drafted... I made a simple toile already... just need to make another toile with bust darts... because "fit" and "you don't see darts on black and it looks better"...?! (#obsolete--- I have to admit... I bought a few black shirts...)

***- I am thinking about making leggings, I could so with some pyjama bottoms for winter though, so maybe I can combine that...  (I made a mock-up and fitted the pattern... and decided I don't urgently need leggings...) maybe yoga pants (with "Milchmonster Frida Pants")

***- I've got the fabric and all other material for another Satsuki Tunic and a Vogue 8728 dress... in black - still...

***- and I have this idea about a 1908 day dress... yes, after 5 years of not doing anything historical, I've got the itch again. I will have to start with the foundation work though. 

Comfy suit for Little Miss No 1 - (#done, picture to come at some point...)

***- Tango dress or Tango skirt/-Top made from black viscose jersey 


2019 Good (sewing) resolutions 

only sewing what I need
and ...still... using stash material up...

*** these are optional sewing projects with stuff I don't need but would like to make...*** obviously I don't need anything really, so all my sewing is optional...


No comments:

Post a Comment